- Post Date:March 17, 2021
- Views 199
A Logistics coordinator will be responsible in Importation Process for managing the customs documentation of imported goods. Logistics Coordinator will be in charge of communicating with import vendors, setting up shipment deliveries with clients, maintaining import records, and verifying that all import transactions comply with government regulations. Coordinator may also have to predict whether import vendors will experience surpluses or shortages of products.
A logistics coordinator will also manage all aspects of shipping routes and delivery, specifically with regard to customer satisfaction. Responding immediately to customer questions and complaints and notifying them of any delays in the delivery schedule is essential to this position.
Logistics Coordinator will also be involved in monitoring inventory, purchasing, transportation and warehousing activities to maintain and expedite the supply chain. He will work in manufacturing, and supply chain management settings to coordinate and organize complex information flows and processes from the point of origin to the consumption. Additionally, a logistic coordinator is to be well-versed in supply management principles and practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take follow-up & Co-ordinate for start to end process of Import/Export shipments till delivery at warehouse/destination
- Coordinate with the Clearing and forwarding agents for checklist and timely filing of Bill of entry
- Scrutiny of Import Invoice and other shipping documents as per Customs and Trade Compliance
- Maintain Daily Status Report and share with concerned team members on daily basis.
- Ensure timely clearance of Logistics vendor bills
- Continually reviews freight costs and transportation rates for vendor negotiations
- Responding to customer inquiries and referring clients to the proper channels
- Ensuring that quality of services provided meets the required standards
- Developing processes that makes the Logistics Processes more efficient and organized
- Achieves core KPI’s set by management, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Manage special projects as assigned by management.
- Support Distribution and Warehouse operations
Complete all assigned and required trainings satisfactorily and on time
Essential: High school degree (or equivalent experience) with 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 + years of experience
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, are a must
Knowledge and skills:
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Problem-solving skills and Decision making ability
- Ability to prioritise and Attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data and understand connections
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Must be open to travel as and when required
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.